Oct 9, 2018 | By: Nicole Dhar
1. We bought Snickers at nearly every rest stop that we passed on our hike to the summit; the fuel was a necessity for both mind and body.
2. A couple of lucky ladies got to ride mules up the 28 Bends.
3. We saw the most spectacular view once we crushed the 28 Bends and reached the highest point in Tiger Leaping Gorge. It was extra sweet since we had to work so hard to earn it.
4. Along with a typical (delicious!) Chinese dinner, we were served some french fries with ketchup. Much celebration ensued. Many, many fries were eaten.
5. We watched “Waking the Green Tiger,” a documentary that follows the campaign to stop a massive dam project on the Upper Yangtze River. Some very thoughtful discussion followed.
6. The sun rose over our guesthouse, parting the misty clouds and warming the morning air. It left all us early risers breathless.
7. During trivia night, we learned fun facts about our group, China, and Vines (yes–the six second video app).
8. The First Annual Women’s Summit was hosted with overwhelming success. It has since become a bimonthly event.
9. On our hike out of the gorge, we got to stop at a cliff side waterfall to take a quick dip and cool off.
10. To finish off our amazing journey, we made a pit stop at Upper Tiger Leaping Gorge to see the Yangtze River up close. It was so powerful; I can still feel the water spraying my face!